We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our website.
We may revise this policy from time to time and will post any changes on this web page. You should check this page as the changes will apply to any data we collect after the change. Reasonable changes will also apply to data collected before the change.
shangshunguk.org is operated by Shang Shung UK Ltd., Lekdanling Tibetan Cultural Centre, Unit B, 14 Collent Street, London, E9 6SG ("Shang Shung UK", "we", "our", etc.).
The Site may contain links to and from other websites, including sites operated by third parties. We have no control over those websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, note that they should have their own privacy policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to or through those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or their policies.
Personal Information We May Collect
In the course of using the Site, we may collect, keep and process personal information from you. This includes:
- Contact details such as your name, postal and email addresses and a contact telephone number. This is collected when you create an account on the Site, if you contact us by sending us an email or filling in a form on the Site, or if you place an order.
- Payment details (such as debit / credit card details), when you place an order.
- Records of any correspondence between you and us.
- Details of orders placed by you through the Site and details of any resulting contracts.
- Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
It is possible to view the Site without providing personal details. However, without providing your details, you will not be able to receive further communications from us, place orders or use other Site functionality.
You must ensure that any personal information you provide is true, accurate and complete. It is also your responsibility to let us know about any changes to your personal information so that we can ensure our records are complete and up-to-date.
We will never ask you to confirm any personal details, login details or payment details by email. If you receive an email asking for any such information which appears to be from us, do not respond to it. It may be an attempt to obtain those details for fraud.
Other Information Collected by Us
Whenever you browse the Site, read pages, or download information, our computers automatically record certain information about your visit from the device you use to access the Site.
This information does not include your identity even if certain data such as your IP address may be considered in certain countries such as France as identifying you indirectly. However, if you have logged into an account on the Site at the time that we record this information, we will be able to match these details back to you. The information includes:
- The date and time you access the Site.
- How many and which pages you visit during a 'session' on the Site and how long you were on the Site.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be the domain name of your internet service provider such as BT.com or your place of work) and the 'IP' address (a number assigned to your computer when you are surfing the web) which allows you to access the Site.
- The web browser you use and your device's operating system.
- The site you were on before you linked to the Site (for example, Google).
Your consent will be sought as and where required under applicable law.
Like most websites, our Site uses a variety of cookies to collect information about visitors to the Site.
The shangshunguk.org (the "Site") is operated by Shang Shung UK Ltd. ("Shang Shung UK", "we", "our", etc.).
This cookies policy (the "Policy") describes the way in which the Site stores or accesses information on the device that you use in order to access the Site. By using the Site, you are providing your consent to Shang Shung UK Ltd. storing and using cookies and web beacons in accordance with this Policy. However, you can adjust the settings on the browser you use to view the Site to remove or limit the types of cookies that it accepts.
What Are Cookies and Web Beacons?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, mobile or another device that you are using to access that website, so that the website can remember and identify it. They contain anonymous information and will typically include the name of the domain from which the cookie has come. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. For example they enable a website to identify that when you move from one page to another you are not a new user and so do not need to log on again.
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website itself ('first party cookies') or by other websites that provide content (such as advertising) for the website that you are viewing ('third party cookies').
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Some of the Site's pages may contain electronic images web beacons that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information from your device, which includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
These web beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign. Web beacons are not stored on your device and do not place any information on your device.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our Site, and personalise our Site for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Some cookies used on the Site are temporary and remain on your device until you leave the Site, at which point they are deleted (session cookies). Session cookies are typically used on the Site to allow you to carry information across pages of the Site and avoid having to re-enter information, and to allow you to access stored information whilst you are logged into a user account on the Site.
Other cookies used on the Site remain on your device once you have left the Site (persistent cookies). Persistent cookies are typically used on the Site to help it recognise your device when you return to it, and to help us improve the structure of the Site by compiling anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the Site.
The cookies used by the Site can be grouped into three categories:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They allow our web servers to respond to your actions on the Site and whilst browsing it. The Site will not work for you without these cookies.
Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily, and also to analyse the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site in order to remember your preferences, and also allow us to provide certain aspects of the Site's functionality for example, in the shopping cart each visitor is given an unique session ID which is stored in a web browser cookie.
The cookies used are stored on your local device. Most modern web browsers have functionality to enable users to view them.
The following is a list of the cookies we use on the Site, and what they are for:
|_utma||Analytical||This is used by Google Analytics to track the time of your visits to the site.|
|_utmb||Analytical||This is used by Google Analytics to track the time when you enter the site. It is used in combination with __utmc to calculate the length of your visit.|
|_utmc||Analytical||This is used by Google Analytics to track the time when you leave the site. It is used in combination with __utmb to calculate the length of your visit.|
|_utmz||Analytical||This is used by Google Analytics to keep track of how you reached the site; what search engine you used, and on what link you clicked.|
Disabling and Enabling Cookies
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Your browser may have a Help section or some other form of instructions which should explain how to do this. If you are using a smartphone, then the manufacturer should have a website explaining how to do this.
Useful guidelines on how to do this for a number of popular computer browsers can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you do disable any cookies, you may not be able to use some or all of the interactive features of the Site.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Making the Site available for you and delivering to you the functions, products and services offered through the Site;
- Processing any orders that you submit through the Site, and performing our obligations under any contracts which may result from those orders;
- Information you provide in response to surveys may be used for market research;
- If you have consented to receiving marketing communications, we may contact you to inform you about promotions, products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Helping us to understand what products and services our customers like or may wish to receive, to improve our existing products and services and to develop new products and services; and
- Details of your visits to the Site may be used to help us understand how users use the Site, to analyse the effectiveness of campaigns, to optimise the Site and to help us improve the Site and our products and services generally.
Storage of Personal Information
Any personal information that you choose to provide to us will be held on a secure computer server. The server software encrypts all the information you supply us, and payment transactions are also encrypted using SSL technology. No credit card information is ever kept on this site; a secure third party payment gateway is used.
Due to the international nature of our business, your personal information may be processed by us or our service providers worldwide (including at locations outside of the European Economic Area). This will only take place for the purposes set out in the "How we use your information" section above. By submitting personal information to us, you consent to this processing.
Disclosures of Information
We may disclose your information to the following third parties in connection with the purposes described above in the "How we use your information" section:
- our affiliated or associated companies;
- third parties who provide products and services to us or on our behalf, for example contractors used to host, operate and maintain the Site on our behalf or to process and fulfil orders that you place with us and to take payments for these orders;
- to the extent permitted by local applicable law, credit reference agencies such as Experian, and other providers of financial or transaction service in connection with the processing of transactions and for fraud screening;
- any organisation that we appoint to handle email or other direct marketing communications;
- any other third party, if this is reasonably required in order to assist you with any enquiry, or to process or fulfil the purchase of any order that you have submitted via the Site.
Where you have consented to us disclosing your personal information to selected companies to enable them to market their goods or services to you then we may also provide your information to these companies who will themselves act as data controllers for the information they receive.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- if we wish to sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the buyer or any prospective buyer of such business or assets under strict confidentiality rules;
- if we are under a legal duty to disclose your personal information; or
- if any applicable law otherwise permits us to do so. For example, the law generally permits us to disclose personal information for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime, where necessary in connection with legal proceedings and for a number of other reasons.
We may share generalised information about site visitor patterns with third parties. However, we will not provide information to them which allows them to identify individual visitors.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to how your personal information is used, and some of these are set out below. You may also have additional rights in relation to the data we hold about you under applicable local laws.
If you wish to find out what information we hold about you, please use the contact details below. However, we may make a small charge for providing the information.
You have the right to have information about you corrected. If you need to amend any of your personal details, you can do so by logging into your account or by contacting us using the details below. Please ensure that you provide us with accurate personal details and update it as necessary.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know at any time. You can do this by editing the communication preferences in your account or by contacting us using the contact details below.
Shang Shung UK Ltd
Lekdanling Tibetan Cultural Centre
14 Collent Street
Shang Shung Institute UK, a non profit institute, connects people for the support of Tibetan and Himalayan culture in person & online.
Shang Shung UK Ltd.
Lekdanling, Unit B
14 Collent Street
London, E9 6SG